2012年4月13日

號外 號外 Getting in touch with 黃一平

Dear James :

It was such a shock when I saw your name on the screen in chinese character (黃一平),animation_white[1] which was the e-mail sending by Sanne lee (常慕昭), the same day as your e-mail (Getting in touch ) sending to me. It was astonished at that very moment because just a couple of days ago many so called 六丁 elementary schoolmates were talking about you, actually they miss you for quite a long long time.
James from the letter you mentioned I am not sure you still can read the chinese so you need to put up with my poor English as well. I will try my best to express myself well in English. Would it be possible for you to tell me that although you can not write chinese properly but you still can read chinese with no problem. Then next time I can write the letter in chinese to you with easy mind.
What do I say? Ha Ha Ha, there are so much to say, just don't know where to strat! Tell you what I am going to do, I'll send this e-mail including yours to all the elementary schoolmates and I am sure you will get lots of respond from everywhere.
Truly indeed there were so much memory in the Cheng-Kung New Village where we used to live and grew up. Those were the days. . . . . . . .
By the way, this late afternoon I met 王緒禾 (estherwang) in Taipei, Could you please kindly call her, she will fly back to LA in 3 days later. She loves and so keen to hear your voice. ;
Silly Stone
愣石 奉周敬上

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
寄件者: james huang &
主旨: Getting in touch
收件者: fcstoney
日期: 2012年4月9日,一,下午1:48

FC,

I am not sure what to call you in English. Sanne Lee, our elementary schoolmate who lived near your, gave me your email.

It has been such a long time and there are so much to catch up. Time flies and before you know it we all are "coming of age". I understand there is a plan to have a 50-year reunion for our elementary school next year. Any preliminary information as to when it is going to be? I was back in Taiwan two years ago and spent about two weeks there and toured the island. I have not spent this much time in Taiwan since I left in 1968. I was truly very impressed. Although, as usual, I got sick while in Taiwan. The weather plus good food (perhaps richer than what I am accustomed to now) always do the trick to me every time I visited to Taiwan since I left in 1968.

There are also sad news I would like to share with you. I personally know two of our elementary schoolmates have pasted away. One in the 70's and one in the 80's. Since I can't type in Chinese, I am not able to tell you their names in Chinese. Maybe I can go through Sanne and identify those two ceased schoolmates.

I have been in southern California since 1973 and in Texas prior to that. You can see that I am not able to type in Chinese at this moment. Would you be able to put up with that? I tried to learn it several years ago but the environment I am under doesn't require any Chinese and thus there is a significant lack of motivation. However, it may change soon.

Those of us grow up from the same village and went to the same elementary school hold special place in my heart. There weren't many of us. You guys are my oldest friends, although I have not made much of an effort to try to reconnect after I came to the States in 1968.

I have so much memory of where we grew up. I hope we will have a reunion next year and I shall do everything I can to attend. Then, we must try to set aside some time just to catch up.

What do you say?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Your old friend

James (Yi-Ping) Huang
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
石头,
你樂得傻啦? 黄狗高一才走,中文怎么会看不来? 只是打字打不来罷了.
黄狗,
你的绰号我们都没忘, 你的混事(小时候幹的)我们也都记得. 有得说的!
先报电话来.
我住HOUSTON,
陈致理
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
James

You are the best.

Gary

沒有留言:

張貼留言